Thursday, January 27, 2005

The name

At first, I wanted the name to be clever...I have a cleverly named blog, therefore I am clever. But then it became more about meaningfulness, if that's a word. I thought the title should mean something to me, and perhaps be thought provoking to others. Whatever.

I ended up with "More Will Be Revealed" because that is a phrase that has been bouncing around my head for a few weeks, after Nicola introduced me to it. A friend of hers says it.

I guess there are lots of ways to read, and I'm intrigued by the possibilities it seems to offer as an outlook.

Trying too hard, perhaps. This is how I used to write my diary -- very subconsciously, like someday a class of 11th graders would be reading it during third period English and puzzling over the meaning. I also used to be so freakin' literal and detailed in my diary or travel journals (that one time I did that) -- what I ate for breakfast (the Count Chocula and Frankenberry made available at my father's house were symbolic of so much of that situation), what specific things I did that day, what kind of day it was ("this was a pretty good day"), and so on. In excruciating details. That diary may be helpful someday if an anthropologist needs to document the life of a 9-year-old dealing with divorce, repressing his emotions, obsessively copying lists out of the World Book and shoplifting candy, paint by numbers sets and Hot Wheels cars. Otherwise, not so good.

So I would like to aspire to more here -- not write for anyone else, at least initially, but write for myself. Flex the left (right?) side of my brain that has atrophied a bit as I absorbed info about dry skin, bad lungs and eyeballs.

Bear with me (whoever the understood "you" is in this sentence) as I cover some basic ground over the next days/weeks, just to get myself oriented.

More will be revealed.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?