Thursday, March 10, 2005

14 days and counting

Happy two-week birthday, Lindsay Campbell! It sure seems like you've been around a lot longer than that, but on the other hand, time sure has flown by quickly! We've had two sets of grandparents come and go, we've had doctor's appointments and visitors, we've had good night and bad nights.

I keep worrying that she's not getting enough to eat. The, ahem, byproducts of eating seem to support that she is; I suppose I'm just surprised at how much she's still sleeping. 3 hours, 4 hours, at a time, regularly. I should welcome this blessing, not question it...but I think that ever since we were notified about Lindsay's ear and we started going down that road, I've been secretly anxious that something else might not be right. There's no evidence of that; perhaps it's just new father nerves.

Ella is over for half the weekend starting tomorrow night, and Erik is supposedly coming to town. Then it's nearly a week alone for Nicola and Lindsay, starting Monday! I know they will do great and thrive -- Nicola has her tired moments, but she's blossomed as a mom and is a real natural at it, I think. OK, I'm biased...I think she's amazing in just about all ways.

A few more tests have been scheduled for LCT: a renal ultrasound in 10 days (some connection between ears and kidneys -- got me) and then a consultation with the craniofacial team in mid April. So, more information will be coming. In the meantime, she's just Lindsay, lucky ear and all. Well, she'll always be Lindsay, no matter what else we find out. Everywhere you turn you can find a tragic story about genetic diseases and sick children...we are blessed to have her just as she is.

I'll post a few more photos -- must keep documenting this little girl's growth!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?