Thursday, March 24, 2005

It's the family, stupid

Another quick post for today, since I didn't write anything last night and my post from a few minutes ago was motivated by anger.

I got home from work last night feeling funky. I was tired, naturally, and work had been nuts. But I had also talked to my friend Thad, who did go to Boise and did have a great time. I was somewhat pouting over this news...not that I wanted him to have a bad time, but woe is me, I didn't get to go and blah blah blah. Didn't I already say ENOUGH about Boise? I did, and yet here I am again.

Nicola helped set me straight on a walk around the block, and she did it in her usual awesome way -- not by getting mad and yelling and screaming or getting emotional, but by getting quiet. Boy, then I know I've fucked up. Where I've fucked up is apparent in looking back at the entries in this blog -- it's all about me, and not really me right now. I think it's OK to reminisce and tell amusing (or semi-amusing) stories and remember the good times, but what about now? These are good times too, but of a different sort, and I'm afraid I've gotten distracted from enjoying and treasuring what is right in front of my face.

This is what Nicola, indirectly, reminded me of, and what had been nagging at me the past few days as I blogged. Look at what I have, and rejoice in that, and be in that. I have been through a lot to get to this stage in my life...so please, Self, be in the moment instead of looking ahead, or worse, back. Get the priorities straight and keep them straight.

With this in mind: HAPPY ONE-MONTH BIRTHDAY, BEAN (LINDSAY CAMPBELL TAGGART)! As of today, you've been with us for 4 weeks, and I'm even more head over heels enthralled with you than I was on Feb. 24. I can't believe how much you've changed just in the past week. Some things to note:

The end.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?