Monday, April 11, 2005

Ain't it so

Nicola, 10:25 p.m., April 11, 2005:

"There's nothing quite so cute as a baby falling asleep in your arms."

No way I can deny that, as I lay there with Lindsay asleep in the crook of my left arm. I personally think she's adorable even when she's screaming so loud and long that her lower lip starts quivering and her sounds get vibrato.

Today was a milestone day of sorts, I think. Nicola saw a smile on Lindsay's face for the first time, and while I've seen some smiles in the last couple days, today I came home and saw a glimmer of recognition AND a smile when the Little Bean saw me for the first time. It was like, "Daddy's home!" and that was a very cool feeling. And it will only get better (I should write more on this topic -- I did last week, on Thursday, talking compellingly about the backwards and forwards focus I sense us being drawn to, instead of now, the moment; I know, the segue isn't really there, but I got frustrated last week when that post disappeared and I'm just reminding myself to go back and write on this topic again).

Other reminders:

Got to get better about sparing 10 minutes a night for this.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?