Tuesday, June 21, 2005

City by the Bay

I'm fortunate enough to be able to commute by ferry once or twice a week, and I usually ride my bike to and from my house and the office on those days. Nothing like working up a nice sweat before sitting down for a day of editing!

But anyway, on one recent beautiful Bay Area morning I brought along my camera to capture the trip across the San Francisco Bay. It was incredibly clear, with dazzling blue skies already (fog comes in July, don't ya know?), and the salt spray pelted me on the back deck as I leaned out into the wind to snap (do you still "snap" if it's a digital camera?) a few photos. See below for some of the results.

The ferry is a nice way to go -- longer than BART but more relaxing, with friendly regulars who all know each other. I haven't qualified yet; I went up to buy tickets a few months ago...after at least three or four months of ferry travel..and the woman says "Look at the new guy causing trouble" when I had to pay by check or something. So, I've got a ways to go. Oh, and did I mention you can buy booze? Maybe that's why people are so chatty on the 5:35 p.m. trip -- liquid social lubricants!

Unrelated note: tonight when I got home I had the most amazing 10 minutes with Lindsay as she lay on our bed. I talked to her and played and she smiled and grabbed my fingers and looked at me and giggled. Baby giggles are, plain and simple, one of the most adorable, addicting sounds on the planet. I already have my answer to "What's your favorite sound?" should I somehow end up on "Inside the Actors Studio" with James Lipton. I cherish these moments with Lindsay -- the term "bonding" is cheesy but it comes to mind and it certainly fits. Damn, I love that kid.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?