Sunday, July 24, 2005

Ella's pearls

Nicola and Lindsay left yesterday morning for a week in Philomath, Ore., visiting her parents. So it was just Ella and I for most of the weekend. We had a good time together, as we usually do. Two items of intellectual interest from this 5-year-old marvel:

Of course, she is still just five. We went to see March of the Penguins today, and she sat in my lap for the second half because she was afraid for the baby penguins. She's so sensitive...the appearance of "predators" (new word for her) really was upsetting, I think. She's been known to bail on movies all together before, so sitting through the whole thing was progress. Fascinating movie, by the way. I'd love to see a documentary of how they filmed it.

A quiet and lonely week ahead (sniff!). Maybe I'll find some time to work on what passes for my golf game.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?