Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Nine! Ah Ah Ah!

Read the post title in the voice of the Count from Sesame Street and it makes more sense.

Anyway, so much for regular blogging. I blame the holidays and the stubborn cold I've been battling for about a week now. Sleep deprivation is a bitch when it comes to blogging at 10 p.m. (yes, I'm old).

Lindsay turned nine months old last Thurday, on Thanksgiving, and she's celebrated the occasion with some major accomplishments...well, major if you are nine months old. Herewith, the top nine pertinent facts and/or milestones and/or remembrances I'd like to put down to commemorate this occasion:
  1. My favorite thing she does now, right off the bat: as she nurses before bedtime, we have this heart-warming little ritual where Nicola says "Where's Daddy?" and Lindsay stops nursing and looks over at me, standing by the door. She smiles a knee-buckling smile and then waves goodbye to me! Sometimes I get the "fingers folding to palm wave" and sometimes the "full arm gyration wave"...but these are waves -- intentional waves -- people, I'm telling you. I love this moment, right before she goes to sleep.
  2. She has learned how to wave, perfecting it in the last two weeks or so.
  3. She plays peek-a-boo now, working both ends of this classic. Just in the past few days, she'll take a blanket, a hat, a drumstick, whatever's handy...and she puts it up in front of her face as you say "Where's Lindsay?" She drops it, and you say "There she is!" and everyone cheers. Methinks she has us well trained.
  4. Speed crawling army style.
  5. Regular crawling -- first distinct movements (in the pure sense) seen on Thanksiving.
  6. Pulling herself up on furniture, legs, arms, whatever.
  7. Ate her first meat: fittingly, turkey on Thanksgiving.
  8. Vitals at nine months: 16 lb 6 oz (20th %), 50th % in height and 75th % in head. That's how we grow them in the Taggart family...big fat pumpkin headed. Not skinny usually -- that must be the Ries genes.
  9. Turns pages in books, after she peeks around the corner to see what's coming.

I could go on and on, really. Lindsay is just a delightful, drooling bundle of cuteness and giggles and happiness and discovery. It was a joy to watch her play with her grandparents over the holiday weekend and to see how she charms them as much she's got us wrapped up.

I'm done making promises here about what I will and won't do. My intentions are good...is that enough?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?