Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Parrot sighting

Waiting for the streetcar today, loud bird squawks trickled into my brain through my earphones. That, and the people gazing upward next to me, made me look up myself. And that's where I saw two wild parrots perched on top of a street light. San Francisco, semi-famously, has a flock of wild parrots. I knew of this, and yet still, it was strange to see such a sight.

I don't have much to write about today, but this lyric from Death Cab for Cutie's Marching Bands of Manhattan is ringing in my head (I can't find the lyrics exactly...apologies if I get it slightly wrong):

Sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole
Just like a faucet that leaks and there is comfort in the sound
And while you debate half empty and half full
It slowly rises...your love is going to drown

I think this happens in relationships...well, I think it's happened in mine. You don't pay attention to the slow leak...the little things...and next thing you know, your love drowns. Thank goodness I'm with someone now where we don't ignore the little things....


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?