Friday, February 10, 2006

Ah, winter in San Francisco

70+ degrees pretty much all week around the San Francisco Bay, and beautiful warm sunshine is just what the doctah ordered.

I was feeling so good yesterday afternoon on my commute home, I had a "Love Monkey" moment. Not familiar with this feeling? Well, it is a new reference...just this past Tuesday, there was a riff on one of my favorite new TV shows (the aforementioned "Monkey") about confidence. The gist was that there are those days/moments when everything seems to be clicking, going your way, when your hat is on just right and your walk is smooth and your smile is broad. When the guy in the newsstand gets influenced by your cool.

Strolling down Market Street around 5 p.m. yesterday, I was feelin' all that. The weather was impeccable, I was in one of the world's great cities, I had The Roots "The Seed" playing on the nano (damn, that's an addictive tune), I was on my way home to see my beautiful wife and awesome daughters. The universe's tumblers just clicked into place, and I got One of Those Feelings. How wonderful those moments are, and how grateful I was for it, and for the elements that contributed to it.

If I haven't already lost you -- anyone else know what I mean by this looney description?

Looking forward to this afternoon too -- Nicola and Lindsay are on there way in, and we are going to stroll down Columbus Ave. through North Beach, maybe grab a bite to eat. We don't take enough advantage of our location, and it feels good to be a bit more "cosmopolitan" (if I can stretch the meaning of that word a bit).

Happy weekend to all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?