Thursday, February 09, 2006

Is that (fill in the blank)?

Last night on Law & Order, was that Ali Farahnakian from UNC? I think so.

I've had other "hey, I know that guy" moments as well. There's John Bland, who I think I most recently saw as a realtor in an episode of The Office. And as the desk clerk in Bandits -- that's right. That was a Saturday afternoon TBS special encounter, I think.

The weirdest one was Jack Archey, who lived next door to me in Connor Dorm at Carolina and was called "Doc" for his obsession with Looney Tunes. He won a bunch of cash on Jeopardy and has tried to use his winnings to launch an acting/comedy career. I saw him on an insurance ad, completely out of the blue one day: "And we'll bus our own tables!" was his big line.

Well, good for them.

Comments:
Yes, that is the Leefer. He's been in a couple of "L&O" episodes. He also pops up in a couple of indie films that can only be seen if one has insomnia and access to the Independent Film Channel. (One of them is called "On_Line," but I wouldn't advise sitting through it.) John Bland in "Bandits"? I must've missed him. I remember that he was the "designated sober guy" at a party at which several other folks (including me, Chris Bouchard, Jim Holm, Norm Fox, a funny guy named Roland, and Walt Boyle) were decidedly un-sober. When an opportunity arose to capitalize on Bland's soberness, we found him passed out drunk next to a trash can full of beer and ice, with his hand in the can wrapped around his (intended) next brew. That, of course, struck us all as hilariously ironic. I didn't know him that well, but he seemed like a really nice fellow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?