Tuesday, February 07, 2006

More later...no really

I was going to write something snide about a coworker of mine who is batshit crazy obsessed with her animals. 1 dog and 5 cats, and an unhealthy obsession with them to the point of 1) traveling cross-country for a work event and turning around and flying back 24 hours later so they aren't left "alone" (housesitter) too long, and 2) hiring a professional photographer to take pictures of them (I just heard her on the phone gushing over how "moving" the images on his Web site are, etc.). I could go on.

Wait, I did just write something snide. Oh well, there goes that high road!

Zen moment: Do The Next Right Thing. Which would be...of course...live-blogging the UNC-Dook game tonight. I used to cover college and pro basketball for a semi-living, so this will be a trip down nostalgia lane. However, I suppose I'll have to get a bit more creative than "42 10' J LS" (back in the day, this was code for "Scott Williams hitting a 10-foot jumper from the left side"). Hey, I was writing for UPI -- wire service style calls for the hero lead (example: "Rick Fox scored 25 points and King Rice added 14 points and 10 assists as the North Carolina Tar Heels handled Clemson 84-68 Thursday night in Chapel Hill") and just the facts.

So, more later, around 6 p.m. Pacific -- if my DSL line will reach into the living room.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?