Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Overkill

I find it strange that the following topic is being presented at the PTA meeting at Ella's elementary school:

Thanks to Eric Abrams who has offered to give parents and older kids apresentation on getting ready for college on Thursday, March 16. Eric worksfor Stanford on their admissions team and we are very fortunate to have thisopportunity to hear him speak.

Um, my daughter turned six yesterday. I'm not quite ready to discuss college, OK? Great and all, but in an elementary school? How about tell me first how I'm ever going to be able to afford college for her...a state school even, let alone Stanford.

First, I'm going to tackle getting the training wheels off her bike. Maybe THEN we can think about college.

Comments:
Come on, Bill. The clock is ticking. Have you thought about Lindsay's postgraduate education yet? No???
 
What's there to think about. Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, or Chapel Hill?

I did laugh out loud at this entry.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?