Monday, February 06, 2006

Release the hype

Our young, enthusiastic Tar Heels take on the evil Dookies tomorrow night...and I'm just learning about this UNC-Dook rivalry book now? How did I miss it? Oh wait -- not released yet. Whew. Am I not a true Carolina fan if I say that I'm going to hope my local library gets a copy?

Excerpted on SI.com for your pleasure.

Looks good, and now that I read the reviews, I recall reading some other stuff by Blythe on his hatred of Dook. But I can't remember specifics.

[Update, one day later -- my good friend and former DTH colleague Dave Glenn has also made note of Blythe's book, and turns out he is featured in the book in some small way. If it has Dave Glenn's stamp of approval, that speaks volumes for me.]

More later.

Another interesting thing: the spread of the word truthiness. It means "wishing to be true, rather than facts." Okay.

It's not true that a housing deed will appear in my hands tomorrow, or that my debts will disappear, or that the Tar Heels will absolutely smoke Dook. But there's much truthiness in those statements!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?