Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm a Lesbian Stud with Bisexual Tendencies

Got your attention, didn't I? Where else but on NPR in the San Francisco area can you hear the above line in a radio commentary? I learned something about the vernacular and the relationship "rules" of the LGBT community -- all from a high school senior. There are wide swaths of America where this girl would not have the courage to admit to herself that she was a "lesbian stud with bisexual tendencies," let alone go on the radio to announce this. Fascinating, and bless this open-minded corner of America.

Off to Florida tomorrow for work -- Sarasota area. I may be able to catch a Pirates spring training game in Bradenton on Sunday...if Carolina is not playing in the ACC Tournament finals. Oh, and spending time with my parents, who are snowbirding it in Siesta Key for two weeks at the same time I'm in the area.

Anyway, blogging hiatus time again.

Ella update: got a "big girl" bike for her birthday, but I haven't seen her ride it yet (it's at her Mom's). Lindsay update: was in the 10th percentile for weight but around 75th percentile for height and head size at her 1 year check up. That's our little supermodel! Or Q-Tip, perhaps? She's shown little interest in walking yet, which is fine. She's had enough to deal with lately -- another ear infection and pink eye. Hooray for day care!

I'll post a new photo soon. Until next week...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?