Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What's goin' down

It's hard to keep up with all the new developments in Lindsay's life. Here in the 13th month, it appears she's just ready to do a whole bunch of new things, and Nicola recites a daily list of what I've missed while I'm at work. A sampling (some of which I did witness):

What a great age -- full of wonder and discovery and milestones. I say this now, and I know I said it over and over again with Ella as she grew up. Heck, I say it now about her at the age of six. Each age, or stage, reveals a bit more of the mysteries hidden inside your kids -- their personality, sense of humor, likes and dislikes, how they laugh, what makes them proud, how they make friends, introvert or extrovert, etc. The layers peel away as the months pile up, and next thing you know, you find yourself explaining to your 6-year-old why you just confessed (while making a joke to adult dinner companions) to drinking as a freshman in college when you weren't of legal age (that was some corner Ella backed me into!). God help me in about eight years!

Lindsay loves to swing, and hates getting off the swing. That's one of her new things too -- expressing intentional disagreement with the path chosen by one of her parents.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?