Wednesday, May 17, 2006

31derful

It's the Baskin-Robbins birthday for my sweet sensational wife -- and the ice cream motif is fitting. Because ice cream is a simple pleasure, and it is the simple, little things that make me love this woman so much.

Her enthusiasm for Dairy Queen (if there was only one close by!)
The peaceful look on her face when she falls asleep on the couch in the first 20 minutes of a movie
How cute she is in a baseball hat
She and Ella (age 6) both got the Kelly Clarkson CD for Christmas
Her belief in me
Famous family recipe: mac & cheese, tuna fish and peas (all mixed together)
Her belief in true love and not settling for anything less
The fondness for trashy gossip magazines
Watching her ride her new bike with Lindsay in the back
Her natural, "easeful" way of being a mom
Her creation of the word "easeful" -- which may or may not be a word, but it makes sense
Grocery shopping together
That first weekend in Astoria
A weakness for law enforcement charity solicitations by phone
The dazzling blue of her eyes...now passed along to Lindsay
How our hands fit together just so

Happy birthday, Nicola. There's only one reason for our love that really matters...and look in my eyes, and you'll see it.

Comments:
Oh...my...here it is 5 days after you wrote this and I am just now seeing it. What another WONDERFUL surprise! Thank you for these sweet words and for all of your perfect surprises this year. You've made me feel so loved and so special. I am so blessed....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?