Wednesday, May 31, 2006

History in the neighborhood

I had known that Dontrelle Willis and Jimmy Rollins both grew up and played high school baseball at Encinal in Alameda. Today I read in the paper that the baseball field 2 blocks down the street, where my dog sometimes roams and my kids sometimes toddle/run, also saw the likes of Joe Morgan, Frank Robinson, Billy Martin and Curt Flood. I guess Alameda High School has its own legacy!

Best wishes today to Nicola, who is offering her Attracting Love workshop -- it's the start of something big, I would bet, and I certainly can attest to her powers of attracting and nurturing love.

We just returned from a getaway weekend to Volcano, Calif., population 102. The restorative and relaxing St. George Inn was a hit (I commend to you the Garden Cottage and the Whiskey Flat Saloon), as was the Karmere Winery. Man, that Empress Daisy zinfandel is delightful!

Does talking about wine make me a Californian now? Not sure how I feel about that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?